May 3, 2008

More Picture GeoTagging

Just when I get comfortable using GPicSync to synchronize my digital images with my GPS tracks, I find a new tool that I think I like even better. This one's called GeoSetter, and while GPicSync has most of the same functionality, I really like the user interface of GeoSetter. Not only does GeoSetter do a great job of automating the synchronization process, it also has a lot of nice features for viewing and editing your images and GPS data.

The main screen of the program shows your existing GPS tracks and geotagged photos on an embedded Google Maps display:

You can also use the Google Maps interface to geotag other photos rather than synchronizing them with your GPS tracks.

Some of the other features I like include:

  • Automatic filling of location IPTC fields and altitude values.
  • Synchronization of already geotagged images with buddy images.
  • Export results to Google Earth.
  • Display of the track and position markers in a Google Maps view.
  • The ability to edit the photo’s header data.
  • Undo/Redo capability.
  • Eight different languages.
  • GeoSetter’s geotagging is recognized by Picasa.
  • And, best of all... It's Free!
Visit this link for more examples and screenshots of its many features. Give it a whirl. I think you'll like it.

Cache On!

No comments: