April 24, 2011

Is It Just Me?

I've been noticing some oddities with the geocaching.com mapping feature recently. I've been seeing a message in the upper right-hand corner letting me know that, "Personalization of the map is currently unavailable", which means I can't display the caches I've found or hidden. And often times the tool just hangs up with a message saying, "parsing geocaches", but it never completes the operation.


I'm not sure if this means that the beta maps tool is finally about to come out of beta and permanently replace the standard mapping tool, or if it's just an anomaly that needs fixin'. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

In other news, I hope you all had a nice Earth Day weekend, and had an opportunity to either participate in a geocaching earth day event, or at minimum, practiced a little CITO.

Cache On!

2 comments:

CacheNancy said...

Thank goodness I'm not crazy. The maps are crazy.

Erika Jean said...

No it is not just you.... and it is REALLY annoying!