April 12, 2009

Phoning It In

If you use Google's Blogger application to generate and maintain your blog space, there is a feature available that you may not be aware of that allows you to create your blog posts from your mobile phone. It's called Blogger On The Go, and it's available from Blogger in Draft. Blogger in Draft offers more features than the standard Blogger, but it's a "beta", or, use-at-your-own-risk version of the program.

Here's how easy Google claims it is to use Blogger On The Go:

Blogger Mobile works with any device that can send texts via SMS, or email via MMS.

I've tried it, and it seems to work great; in fact, a little too great. The problem is with my particular phone (a Palm Treo 700WX), and not with Blogger On The Go. My service provider, Sprint, adds a bunch of header and disclaimer information to the text and image that I send from the phone, and it all gets added to the blog post - which makes for one ugly looking post.

It's nice to know I can blog from my mobile phone; however, I think I'll just stick to generating blog posts from text messages rather than trying to send photos.

If you happen to have a decent phone that handles MMS well, and you use Blogger, this might be worth your while.

Cache On!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I use blogger on the go all the time. It worked great for quite a while now in MMS but about a month ago I have been unable to send updates. Switched to the email counterpart to MMS and that has been working without a problem.

This is a great feature for when you are on a trip or just want more of a "live" feel to your blog.

I highly recommend it! -HHH

GeoSnippits Geocaching Video Tutorials - http://www.geosnippits.com